32nd St/USC Magnet After-School Tutoring - PROJECT 32
USC students tutor our students Monday - Thursday for 1 hour after school. Tutoring is provided in all subjects. Contact your counselor for registration and room number.
After-School Programs in the Community
• A Place Called Home (on Central & Jefferson)
- Extended Day Child Care
- After-School Programs
- Joe Ide Summer Camp
- CRCD Academy – All Peoples Site
- Community Building and Educational Events
- Vernon Central/LATTC WorkSource Center
The Expo Center offers programs and services for families at little to no cost. Registration is currently open for their fall classes, swim lessons, and youth sports teams. They also provide a drop-in "Teen Clubhouse" program everyday after school for just $5 annually. Additionally, the EXPO Center hosts a Community Concert Series and a Halloween Carnival on October 24th.
The Expo Sharks water polo team also practices in Exposition Park and is open to children ages 7-18 that have some swimming experience. Financial aid is available. For more information, contact Coach Christopher Meyer at (310) 386-8840 and visit the team's facebook page.
• Hoover Intergeneration Center (HIC)
• Homework Assistance After School (HAAS) at Hoover Recreation Center (213-749-8896). Hoover Recreation Center staff will provide help in reading and math and offer free music, art, dance and gymnastics classes. Program open Monday - Thursday, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., ages 5-12. Fee charged.
• The United University Church on the campus of USC offers free tutoring from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. For more information, contact Susan Stouffer at 213-748-0209, ext. 13 or email her at [email protected].
Free Tutoring Services
Los Angeles Public Library - Exposition Park Branch
Not only are public libraries available to lend books, but they also provide online learning resources and homework help in the Student Zone. The Student Zone is a homework center for students in 1st - 12th grades that provides study space; access to computers for word processing, research, and online tutoring through Live Homework Help; free printing for assignments; and guidance in using the library's resources. The hours for this service are: Monday through Thursday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Connect to LIVE TUTORS in 20-minute one-on-one sessions in math, science, social studies, and English. Click HERE. Students in grades 4-12 can use Live Homework Help. Hours are 1pm - 10pm, 7 days a week or visit any County of Los Angeles Public Library.
For more information, visit the the LA Public Library website.
To access the Khan Academy, click here. Help in every subject. For you, for FREE.
Smarter Balanced Practice Test
To access the Smarter Balanced Practice Test, click here. To log in to the Practice Test, simply click Sign In, then navigate through the login screens.